Wednesday 14 January 2009

A Cold And A Presentation

I woke this morning and thought that I had escaped the worst ravages of a cold, but late this afternoon I found out that I hadn't. I now have one clear nostril and one that's blocked, so I can at least breathe, my ears feel like they are completely bunged up and I have severe pain in my sinuses.  I think that I am going to have a really good cold with lots of nasty additional features by tomorrow.

But I'm a woman, and notwithstanding how I was feeling this afternoon, I have been out and given another presentation of the computer system that allows patients to see their medical records. It was to a small audience but they were a fairly influential group of people and it is probable that we will be asked to give a presentation to an even more important group of people in the not too distant future.  I was really nervous again before the presentation, but once I got going it was easy.

I'm still feeling very low, but having the presentation to focus on has helped me get through today without too much of a problem. With the presentation out of the way, and a late dinner eaten, I am going to get myself ready for bed and watch a little television before I try to find a comfortable position that allows me to be able to breathe and to get to sleep.  I don't think that will turn out to be very easy.

No comments: