Monday 10 May 2010

It Was A Rhetorical Question

Okay, so it was a bit stupid to entitle yesterday's post "Why Do Socks Have To Be Made In Pairs", but my point was that having knitted one sock, I always hate having to knit its pair rather than starting a new project.

I am also aware that it is possible to knit both socks at the same time if you use circular needles, but having tried it once and having found that I didn't know whether I was coming or going, I will stick to knitting socks on double-pointed needles and one at a time.

So, as we are on the subject of socks, I have progressed on the one that I am knitting at the moment. Heel was turned yesterday, stitches picked up on both sides of the heel flap, and the necessary decreases have been made. I am now about half way to where I need to start the toe decreases. I don't suppose that I will get to that stage tonight, but I will certainly do my best to get as much done as possible.

Tomorrow is psychotherapy day, so that means having to get up early and the morning being taken care of. Then I shall go into town for lunch before going off to the meeting that I wrote about last week. That pretty much takes care of most of tomorrow, so I will be glad to get home to do a bit of knitting to unwind from what will probably be a quite traumatic day.

Then on Wednesday I shall be going to the knitting group again. I am really enjoying going to the shop and sitting with a group of knitters, who chat while they knit and have a drink or two, too. I'm going to take my socks with me (I should be well on the way with the second one by then) as well as the lace shawl that I am working on. That way I can have a choice of what I work on. If I manage to finish the socks, I will make sure that I have some wool with me so that I can start another pair if I want to. Socks are definitely easier to be working on when you are chatting; lace knitting is not always the best thing to be working on if you are chatting while you are knitting.

I also have a day planned for Saturday. But more about that later.

1 comment:

Bippidee said...

Sorry, my reply yesterday sounded a little facetious - it wasn't meant to be! Some people do just wear odd socks. If you could bring yourself to be that kind of person you could just knit one of all of your socks.

Hope therapy tomorrow goes well. x