Monday 25 January 2010

Not At My Best

I've managed about an hour of sleep and I'm feeling rather rough this morning. I now have a streaming cold and my first port of call this morning, before I even go to the bus stop, is to call into Tesco Express to buy a box of tissues.

My nose is bunged up and constantly streaming at one and the same time and it really couldn't have happened at a worse time. It is probable that I have been feeling so down over the last few days because this cold was developing. Knowing my luck it will be in full flow tomorrow morning when I have my interview.

I shall have to get myself out of bed soon and the thought of getting out of a nice warm place so that I can get myself dressed and go out into the cold morning is not one that is particularly appealing but it needs to be done. My trip to the CMHT to see the HTT will be about all that I can manage today. Fortunately I only have to get the paperwork that I need to take with me to the interview together when I get back home and then I shall probably just wrap myself up in the duvet and climb into bed for the rest of the day.

I shall dose myself with paracetamol, find a book to read (something that is not too taxing) and hopefully drop off to sleep for a few hours. My clothes are ready for tomorrow, and all I will have to do is make sure that I set the alarm so that I am up in plenty of time and then get myself ready to leave the house by shortly after 7.30am to walk to the bus stop to get the bus to the GP's surgery where the interviews are to take place.

Having a streaming cold is not what I would have wanted when I am about to undergo this ordeal, but it will hopefully elicit a little sympathy from the interview panel. The rest is up to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'v been lucky this winter and despite everyone around me getting sick, I haven't had a cold at all.
What I find helps is a teaspoon or so of grated ginger in hot water, a teaspoon of honey snd as much lemon juice as you can bare. It's a bit hot and tangy but really helps clear the air ways and head (and should fight the cold too).
Essential oils such as lavendar and eucalyptus are helpful - a few drops on a tissue tucked inside the pillow helps you breathe at night. Other that that - all the usual things; keep warm, rest, eat well and take sleep when you can.
Sorry this had to happen today of all days.
All the best for the interview.
K.x

steph said...

Next time you start to think about the 'dreaded' interview, remind yourself that all the hard work in preparing for the interview, is done.

Your cold will not influence the interview panel one way or another but your passion to achieve what you believe in, will!

I always find that one of the best bits about dreading any situation, is the feeling of exhilaration afterwards once it's been achieved.

Whatever the outcome of the interview, you deserve great praise for taking on the challenge. I look forward to hearing how you got on.

Lily said...

Oh no! It's so annoying that you've caught a cold just before your interview.

Good luck for tomorrow, not that you need it! You're the ideal candidate for the job!