Monday, 4 January 2010

Just Before I Go To Bed

I managed about one hour of sleep last night. Actually it was this morning between 5 o'clock until just after 6 o'clock. I left home and stepped out into the freezing cold, but I had made sure that I was well wrapped up. Standing at the bus stop for 10 minutes was no fun, but once on the bus I knew that I had only a few stops before I had to get off again because I wanted to call into the shop where I get some of my knitting supplies because I needed to get some double-pointed needles.

This entailed another five minutes in the cold while I waited for the shop to open; when it did I made a bee-line for where they hang the knitting needles and found what I wanted immediately. I paid for them, stashed them away in my handbag and went out of the shop to wait at the bus stop for another bus. Fortunately the bus stop is almost outside the shop so I didn't have to walk far and luckily my bus came within a couple of minutes. I have to get two buses to get to the buildings that house the CMHT, and when I got off the bus to make the change, where I normally have to wait about 10 minutes this morning the wait was less than one minute. I couldn't believe my luck.

It was quieter on the roads this morning than I had expected it to be. It seems as though some people must be taking a few more days off work, so this journey, which usually takes me something like an hour and a half from home to the CMHT buildings, was completed in less than an hour and that included the time that I spent in the shop buying the knitting needles.

I had a long chat with one of the HTT; usually I'm with whoever sees me for about 20 minutes, this morning it was something like 50 minutes. After having signed out of the building, I walked down the road to the bus stop and I only had to wait for a couple of minutes before a bus arrived. When we got to where I have to change buses, I didn't have to wait at all. I literally stepped off the first bus, walked to its rear and climbed on the bus that would take me the rest of the way home.

I did try to have a nap this afternoon; I was in desperate need of sleep, but it didn't happen. So I have got myself ready for bed, and as soon as I have finished this post I will take my night-time meds and snuggle under the duvet, perhaps trying to read for a while and hopefully drop off to sleep reasonably quickly. I'm yawning as I type this, so I am fairly optimistic that sleep will come fairly easily tonight.

I would like to have a lie-in tomorrow morning, but that won't be happening. I have to get myself up fairly early because tomorrow is psychotherapy day. I have some library books which need to be returned so I shall do that after I have been for therapy. I also need to sit myself down to write a letter to Mr Smiley, and the library might just be the perfect place to do this.

When I get home tomorrow I must settle down to do some studying. I need to read the rest of the course material and then start working on my final assignment. I am hoping that I can get the assignment finished over the weekend, which will mean that I can submit it well before the cut-off date. I'm thinking of doing another short course if I can find something that interests me, so that I keep myself in a frame of mind to take a long course come the autumn.

Just before I head for my bed, I would like to thank everyone for the comments that have arrived over the last few days. It really does mean a lot to me that there are so many of you out in the blogosphere wishing me well and sending virtual hugs.

No comments: