Thursday 2 July 2009

Please Let It Cool Down

I don't normally worry too much about the weather. I don't like it if it is too cold, although I have spent time north of the Arctic Circle in winter and I coped well but I did have the right clothes for the conditions. I don't like it if it gets too hot in this country, yet I seem to manage quite well when I am in Corfu in the summer and I have experienced very hot weather in Australia and managed that. But at the moment I would love it to cool down a few degrees and if it could rain I wouldn't complain.

I've just had a look at the local forecast for the next 24 hours and I see that London should be getting a thunderstorm in the morning. So, if the thunder and lightning wake me up I do not intend to feel guilty when I turn over and go back to sleep again. On the other hand, I may just get myself out of bed, put on some old clothes, and go and stand in the garden for the sheer joy of feeling the rain on my skin.

I hope that it is a really big storm, with a fair bit of rain (although hopefully not so much that flooding occurs), because one of the best smells in the world is the air after a period of hot weather that has just been ended by a good downpour of rain.

No comments: