Wednesday 31 December 2008

Some More Of The Same

I really  enjoyed my day playing truant.  So much so that I have prescribed the same again today.  I know that I will have to work really hard over the next few days, but it is rare for me to really give myself the opportunity of doing nothing but what I want to do.

I'm not going to be totally naughty because I am going to do some reading for one of my courses after I have had a late lunch, but writing essays is not on today's programme.  I have one chapter to read, and that will probably take me about an hour.  When that is done, I shall go back to my knitting and try to finish the main part of a lovely filmy shawl.  That will only leave the top edge to finish with the lacy edging that is knitted as an integral part of the rest of the shawl.  When it is finished I will post a couple of pictures so that you can see what it looks like.

It is such a miserable, cold,  grey day, that sitting indoors well wrapped up in warm jumpers, with a lovely shawl around my shoulders and a knitted afghan over my knees, is the only way to be.  I did pop out this morning to get a loaf of bread, but fortunately I was not out for long enough for the cold to really penetrate.  The fact that tomorrow brings January means that spring should be with us soon.  I hope that it is not too long in coming because I really don't like this cold weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like winter, but I like spring... happy new year, may it be better than the last!