Monday 22 December 2008

Sleep; If Only I Could Manage It At The Right Time

It's been a strange weekend where I seem to have spent much of the daytime asleep and much of the night-time awake.  The problem with not sleeping properly at night is that I have a tendency to drop off to sleep exceedingly easily whenever I sit down somewhere comfortable during the day.  And it's not just a catnap either; I am regularly sleeping for three or four hours at a time.  I still manage to get to sleep when I go to bed at night, but I wake up after just a few hours and can't get back to sleep again.

I'm hoping that having a couple of weeks with no appointments will allow me to get back into a proper sleep routine.  A routine where I sleep at night and not during the day.

With just a few days to go until the dreaded Christmas Day, I am feeling surprisingly calm.  I am not too anxious about the coming days, I'm not too upset about the fact that I will be on my own, and neither am I too upset about the thought of having to spend some of my time writing essays.

And best of all, I don't have a terrible cold and chest infection like I did at this time last year which meant that I didn't have the strength to get out of my bed on Christmas Day.  

No comments: