Tuesday 12 August 2008

At Last.......I Am Connected

Yes, I really am back online at home. For the first time since 23 July when my connection to the Internet suddenly disappeared in the middle of the day, I am able to surf the web, update my blog whenever I want, read my emails as and when they come in, and do all those things that I have only been able to do by spending several hours a day in the local library.

As I said here and here, you don't realize how much you rely on something until you no longer have it, and for me this was especially true with respect to my being able to connect to the Internet. I rely on it for so much these days, and it is especially important to me for things like my OU studies, and more recently my blog.

But I don't have to worry now. I am back online, and if the fancy takes me I can blog no matter what the time of day or night, I can shop online, I can search for information and collateral information to be included in my OU essays, and do all manner or research on various matters.

I feel I have been given my voice back again. Sir Tim Berners-Lee, you were an absolute genius to come up with the concept of the world-wide web, and incredible person to give it to the world for free. What can I say except "Thank you very much".

No comments: