Sunday 6 July 2008

Losing Track of Time or Losing My Mind?

One of the things that I have found most difficult to cope with since I had to give up work is keeping track of time and in particular which day of the week it is. Most people who suffer from depression will tell you how important it is to keep to some sort of a routine, but when you can't remember what day of the week it is, then it really can be a bit of a problem.

So one of the ways that I remember which day it is is to look for a television programme that only occurs on a particular day of the week. Yesterday was Saturday; I know that because Doctor Who was on BBC One (I know there are repeats during the week but they are on BBC Three). But that hasn't stopped me thinking it was Saturday today.

Now I know that seven days haven't passed, so why have I kept thinking today was Saturday? Is it really just a case of me losing track of time, or is this the start of me losing my mind?

No comments: