Friday 1 January 2010

I Can't Believe It

I've won an award. Okay, so it's only a virtual award, but it still means a great deal to me. I was joint winner of the Best Mood Disorder Blog in the Mental Nurse TWIM Awards.

The Tackling the Mental Health Minefield posts were responsible for me being nominated and while they have been difficult to write (and still are because there are several more to come) I felt that it was important that the mental health system needed to be described from a patient's point of view.

Mr Smiley encouraged me when I first started writing this blog, and when I told him that I was thinking of writing a series of posts about my experience of being in hospital, he thought that it was a great idea. He has always encouraged me to write about my experiences and much of my lecture on a patient's experience of psychotherapy is based on a series of emails that I wrote to him over the period of that therapy. I'm sure he will be very happy that his encouragement has resulted in this recognition.

8 comments:

Karita said...

I've only been reading your blog a short while, but you thoroughly deserve the award. :)

Bippidee said...

I am really pleased that you won, and am looking forward to the rest of the series.

Anonymous said...

Well done you! Like Karita I've not been reading for that long but it was definitely deserved x

Lily said...

Yay! Well done! x

Nikita said...

Brilliant! And so well deserved!

Achelois said...

Congratulations. An accolade you definitely deserve.

steph said...

Congrats! MSG

What a nicely timed award and well-deserved!

Here's looking forward to watching you go from strength to strength on this blog!

The Secret Life of a Manic Depressive said...

WELL DONE! Massively deserved, you rule!