Sunday 4 October 2009

Starting From Scratch

After having completed my new winter hat I realised that the Autumn Rainbow version that I had been working on previously was going to be far too big for me. There was no way that I could carefully unpick it stitch by stitch, row by row; the job was far too much for me to contemplate.

This afternoon, I bit on the bullet and pulled the hat off the needles and unravelled it. I managed to get the wool wound back onto its balls without getting into too much of a mess and then I started from scratch again. I have a couple more rows to do and then I will have finished the rib at the bottom of the hat; I shall try to do those tonight and then get to work on the Fair Isle pattern tomorrow afternoon.

I'm hoping that this will be the final time that I try to get this hat right.

No comments: