Tuesday 22 September 2009

Getting Ready For Winter

Autumn is definitely here now. The leaves are changing colour and falling from the trees, its getting colder at night, and the days are noticeably shorter with it being dark much later in the morning and earlier in the evening.

It's my favourite time of year, but it means that winter is on its way, and I'm not so fond of winter. I haven't been feeling very well over the last month or so, but I have still been knitting. At the moment that knitting is in preparation for the winter.

I've finished ascarf and I have knitted half of a pair of

mittens.

I'm knitting a jumper in the same colourway, but in a thicker wool, and while I won't have enough of the wool used for the scarf and mittens to be able to knit a hat, I am hoping that there will be enough of the thicker wool to be able to complete the set.

No comments: