Monday 28 September 2009

The End Of Summer

If I needed anything to tell me that summer is definitely over, then this morning is probably that sign. As I start to type this it is 8.45am, and yet it is hardly light enough to do things indoors without having some form of artificial light switched on.

This morning the sky is cloud covered, hence the apparent darkness, and this also means that the temperature is being kept down. I realise that I am going to have to move away from T-shirts and back into jumpers during the day, and at night I will have to make sure that I keep myself under the duvet rather than sleeping on top of it as I have been for several months.

I'm feeling a bit like the sky this morning; as though there is cloud hanging over me and I can't find my way out of the darkness. This has been a long period of depression without much in the way of relief from it. Just the occasional few hours where things have not seemed so desperate, otherwise unremitting despair.

I shall continue to live one day at a time, and hope that I can find my way out of this awful hole, and I shall carry on writing here in the hope that I can use this as therapy to help me survive the darkness.

No comments: