Sunday, 16 August 2009

... Cockle Shells All In A Row

Yesterday I took a break from knitting one or other of the scarves that I have on the go in order to do a test sample of the 'cockle shell' pattern using a slightly heavier weight of yarn and to determine what size of needles I would need to use for it. The test turned out to be very successful and I am now going to use the pattern to make a scarf in this other wool at some point in the future.

One of the benefits of using the yarn that I did for the sample was that it made it much easier to see the cockle shells, so I have included a photograph for you to see what is not quite so apparent in the scarf that I am knitting in the very pale wool.

No comments: