Saturday 4 July 2009

Life Is Not A Bowl Of Cherries

That's such a silly expression. I don't even particularly like cherries; unless they are the glace kind, and those I love.

Life at the moment is difficult. I am still having problems coming to terms with the end of therapy, and the acute feeling of abandonment that I am suffering as a result. The heat is making me very tired and with the hot nights I am not sleeping particularly well. My knitting is stationary because I am afraid to do any in case I make another mistake. My self-esteem is low and I am having a crisis of confidence, which is not exactly helpful because I have to give a presentation about patients having access to their medical records to a Strategic Health Authority on Wednesday.

What I really need is something good to happen in my life, but the chances of that are pretty non-existent at the moment, so I will carry on living one day at a time and hope that the depression will lift sometime in the not too distant future.

And when it does, I don't want a bowl of cherries; I want grapes.

No comments: