Saturday 27 June 2009

Too Hot To Work

The rain that was forecast for yesterday didn't materialise. And the forecast for my area of London on the BBC website says it should be raining at the moment but it couldn't look less like rain if it tried. Yes, there is some scattered cloud at high level but the sun is shining and it is too warm to do any work outside.

I was up early this morning and out in the garden by 8am. I was doing some shrub and hedge trimming as this was desperately needed, but had to pack the tools and gloves back into the garage by 10am as it was too hot to work any longer. I have a couple more hours work to do on the biggest of the hedges but that will have to wait for tomorrow. I shall get up even earlier tomorrow so that I can make the most of the cool morning air. The work doesn't require any power tools so I won't be disturbing any of the neighbours.

I'm going to spend the rest of the day indoors in the cool. Fortunately, the house does stay relatively cool even in the hottest weather. I find it difficult to understand how I can cope with hot weather when I am in Corfu but find it impossible to live with similar temperatures in this country. Staying cool means that I can spend this afternoon doing some knitting and watching a DVD or two.

Yes, it's lovely to have some nice weather, but does it have to be so hot.

No comments: