Thursday 4 June 2009

Awayday

I'm having an awayday tomorrow. Not a trip into London to visit a museum or another place of interest. No, this is an honest to goodness day away from home that necessitates me going to one of the London mainline stations and getting on a train to another part of the country.

My awayday has been planned for quite a few weeks now and I am really looking forward to it. I'm visiting a city that I haven't actually been to before, although I have visited some places that are not too far away from it. But I don't suppose that I will see much more than the railway station and a few shops because I expect most of my time in this city will be spent in a restaurant having lunch and talking with the person that I am going to see.

Although I correspond with this person on a daily basis, we have not seen each other in person since the beginning of November when we met under the clock at Waterloo. Yes, I am going to meet There and Back tomorrow, and it is she who will be the recipient of the afghan that I recently completed.

So, it will be an early night tonight, then an early rise so that I can get myself ready for my big day out. I'll let you know what we get up to and how There and Back is when I get home, and maybe I can persuade her to start blogging again.

No comments: