Tuesday 9 December 2008

One Of Those Days

Today has been one of those days where doing anything has been a terrific effort.  I woke in the night, and then struggled to get back to sleep for a couple of hours.  I did eventually manage to drop of again and then slept through until about 8am.

It was a struggle to drag myself out of bed, and having done so all I have wanted to do is get back into it again.  So I have kept myself well wrapped up in a blanket and spent most of today on the settee.  I've done a bit of reading, a bit of knitting, I've watched a couple of DVDs, and most of all I have slept whenever I felt the need.

I am still tired and I am sure that I will drop off to sleep quite easily when I go to bed tonight.  But the problem is that it will probably be another night of broken sleep and I will wake up in the morning feeling as though I haven't had any at all.

The poor sleeping pattern that I have had to endure over the last ten years has been one of the worst things about having depression.

No comments: