Tuesday 2 September 2008

A New Browser On The Block

No, I don't meant that I have a new reader, although I seem to have a few of them. I'm talking about the fact that Google are launching a Beta version of a new browser to challenge the dominance of Microsoft's Internet Explorer. Personally, I use Firefox and having started using it at the beginning of the year I was more than happy to be part of the attempt on a world record when Firefox 3.0 was launched a few months ago.

I use Google as my search engine, partly because it is the one that automatically comes with Firefox, but also because I find its results easy to use. I have tried others, but not found anything that does anything significantly better or differently to Google. When I started to blog, it was natural to use Google Blogger, and I found it easy to set up a blog and add the widgets that I wanted, and to change its appearance when I have wanted to.

So, I am going to do a bit of surfing later on, and try to find out as much as I can about Google's new browser, and if I like what I find out I may install it and give it a try. What have I got to lose? After all, almost anything is going to be better than Internet Explorer.

1 comment:

The Shrink said...

I'd a fan of FireFox too, tabbed browsing was done before IE and is still done better. I don't even have IE as accessible on my home computer any more, haven't used it for years.

And Google is my favoured search engine because, as you say, it's easy to use. Simply, it works.