Friday 8 August 2008

I Spoke Too Soon

Yes, I'm afraid I am guilty of speaking without checking my facts first. Just because a particular symbol had become lit on my router I assumed, erroneously as I now know, that I had my Internet connection back. My ISP did say that they would send me an email when the connection is back, but as I said in an earlier post, the fact that my connection is down makes the receipt of emails somewhat difficult.

Yesterday was a pretty bad day for me, and with it almost constantly raining, I decided that perhaps I would not venture to the library to use a computer. That way I may at least have some emails to look at the next time that I went to the library, and maybe something to blog about.

Friday is psychotherapy day. As usual I woke at some ridiculously early hour, so I decided to fire up the laptop and sit in bed doing a bit of housekeeping on my files. Once it had fired up and all the various little symbols and icons had appeared in their various locations, I noticed that there was a new symbol partly overlapping with the icon representing my network access. Yes, it's amazing isn't it? Me, a middle-aged lady and I understand things like networks and all that sort of thing. So I clicked on the icon and found that my local network (I have two computers and a couple of printers and this seemed to be the best way to be able to do some of the things that I wanted to) now wasn't working properly. I could not believe it. No Internet, and now no network. What was I to do?

I sat in bed and watched a bit of television, then I got up and had a bath, washed my hair, brushed my teeth, took my morning tablets, dried my hair, got myself dressed, switched off the laptop, and on my way out of the house I switched off the router and unplugged it. After travelling to the hospital for my psychotherapy, having the session, travelling back, and visiting the library to use one of their computers, I will in my own good time, go home, plug the router back in again, switch on the laptop, and if things are not working properly this time, I will very probably say some very rude words.

Therapy is hard, but computers are even harder!

No comments: