Sunday 31 August 2008

Can This Really Be August?

I'm sitting here at my laptop considering whether or not to put a light on. Fortunately I can touch type, so I don't need to see the keys to be able to write a post, but for goodness sake, this is 8.45am on the last day of August, and the sky should be blue and the sun should be shining.

But this year, August in London has been a bit of a washout. Okay, we have been lucky and not had the floods that have occurred in some other parts of the country, but not only has there been a lot of rain, there have also been days on end when we haven't seen a hint of sunshine.

So I'm sitting here in the dark, listening to thunder rumbling about in the distance, and mourning the summer that we haven't had this year. In fact, just as I was typing that sentence, the rain started to fall and it is getting worse as the seconds pass. It looks as though it may be a day to be spent indoors.

No comments: