Monday 21 February 2011

Just Filling You In

Yes, it's really true, I am back blogging again and I have been amazed to receive comments from some old regulars because I had thought that everybody would have forgotten me.

I'm afraid that I don't have a particularly good excuse for not blogging, just complete inertia on my part. The depression has been relatively stable over the last few months although there have been a couple of blips but nothing that I haven't been able to cope with.

When I last posted I was talking about all the Christmas presents that I was knitting. I'm pleased to say that all of them except one were ready and given in time for the big day and the one that was late was only a few days late. Since then, I have continued with my knitting but I have started to work on a new project which may take me a while but will, I hope, be of great benefit to new knitters (I'll tell you more in another post).

So, what have I been up to? My crochet classes on a Thursday evening fill up almost as soon as they are put on the website and four courses have now been completed. And I have now started teaching knitting on a Tuesday evening. I still can't believe that I am being paid to do something that I love so much and I am glad that I am able to impart some of my knowledge to a new generation of knitters and crocheters.

As regular readers will know when I was receiving psychotherapy last year my therapist referred me for group therapy. I joined a group at the end of January so my Tuesdays are now quite busy. It's a quick lunch then on to the bus to take me to the hospital where the group meets, and hour and a half of talking and then across the road to catch a bus to the shop where I can indulge in a couple of hours knitting before the knitting class starts.

The biggest change, however, is my move to new accommodation. I now live in a basement flat situated in a house which provides accommodation and support for 21 people with mental health problems. My accommodation comes free of charge because I provide night cover for the residents. On the evenings that I am teaching one of the day staff takes care of the evening routine until I return at about 10pm. The job is not exactly demanding requiring me to only 'work' for a couple of hours each evening, and once completed I am free to return to my accommodation and go to bed whenever I want.

It seems that for the first time in many years that I am having some good luck for a change and that I do seem to have a bit of a future.

5 comments:

My Black Fog said...

welcome back (hugs)

Fiona said...

Good to see you back.

Danni said...

Welcome back :D

I'm glad things are going well for you.

Achelois said...

Welcome back.

I could not be more pleased for you that the tumultuous life you blogged about, which was so stressful on so many levels has changed for the better; you sound so much happer. The blips I sincerely hope become distant memories.

I just wish you lived nearer me (not to say where you are is not good) just that I am a country girl and would just panic and flounder living in a big city! I wish you lived nearer because I knit so badly and have failed to teach myself crotchet. You sound so patient as a teacher of your chosen crafts that I would dearly love to become proficient in. I daydream of making beautiful creations as gifts. I looked at attending a crotchet course in a local college. It was quite expensive and I am afraid I didn't sign up as it was in the evenings and with the EDS I didn't want to set myself up for a fall, when the evenings were cold and dark, knowing that in reality even if I paced perfectly, I would end up missing sessions! So I dream of a daytime class.

Dreams can come true, it seems! I remember you craving, a warm, home.... a fufilled existence. It sounds to me as though these things have come to fruition.

I am grinning, so so pleased for you that you are happier, more fufilled. This post has made my day. Thank you for posting the update.

A little green eyed monster lurks within me for those lucky people that get you as their teacher of crochet and knitting.

This is the wonderful part of the internet that is not spoken of enough in the media. Where real people, care about each other, with sincerity.

I am genuinly chuffed to bits for you.

There and Back said...

I know we 'talk' regularly, but it is nice to see you blogging again. Your posts always make for an enjoyable read.