Tuesday 8 June 2010

A Crowded Mind

For the first time in ages I have posts for this blog queueing in my mind. My memory being what it is at the moment I will have to jot down some notes for each of them so that I don't forget what I want to say.

Today has been psychotherapy day. I had what my therapist described as a good session. He worked me hard and I responded to it in a way that he has not seen from me before. As we chatted at the end of the session he told me how pleased he was with how hard I had worked today and that he felt that the therapy is making a difference to me. He's right; I am seeing some benefits from it as I am not blaming myself for everything any more. But I have a long way to go yet and it is unlikely that we will be able to deal with all my problems before the work with this therapist ends in July.

I am feeling a bit mentally battered and bruised from the session but at the same time there is a certain calmness about me that has not been there for some time. The racing thoughts are still there but they seem to be easier to switch off for short periods of time rather than being there every waking moment.

It's going to be a busy week mentally-speaking because I have my next appointment with my consultant psychiatrist, Dr M, on Thursday, then straight after this I have to go to the CMHT to meet my new care coordinator and key worker. This will be something new for me as I have never been in this position before. I am hoping that they will be able to help me with some of the things that I need to deal with but which I find it impossible to face on my own.

No comments: