Monday 22 March 2010

Lily's Bad News

Last week I wrote about meeting Lily for tea and conversation. I enjoy our occasional meetings and while I am more than old enough to be Lily's mother I hope she thinks of me as a friend. We talk of many things, sometimes it might be Lily talking about what it is like being a medical student and what she would like to specialized in once she is qualified, while on other occasions I may do most of the talking such as when telling her about what it was like being a patient in a psychiatric hospital.

Recently, we have often talked about her wedding and trying to make arrangements for it while studying medicine. That was a subject on Friday's agenda and it was what prompted my post about reminiscences of planning my own wedding. Therefore, you can imagine my shock when I read an email from Lily today telling me that her fiancé had decided that he didn't want to be with her any more; that he didn't love her.

I have spoken to Lily today, and I offered to be the person who broke the news to the blogging world. In her email, Lily had said that she didn't know how she was going to raise the subject on her blog, so I am doing it for her.

Lily has exams next week and needs to try to concentrate her mind on revising for them so she won't be blogging for a few days. Let us hope that this bad news doesn't impact on how Lily does in her exams.

2 comments:

Wendy Love said...

I will pray for Lily....

Helen said...

Love to Lily - she is far too much a lovely person to deserve this happening. He doesn't deserve her.
Please pass on my love - have only conversed by email a couple of times, but enough to get a measure of her as a person - and a lovely person she is too as I am sure she will agree.
Helen