Tuesday 30 March 2010

For Bippidee (And Anyone Else Who Is Interested)

Dear Bippidee,

Thank you for your comment; like you I read lots of blogs but don't necessarily comment on all of them. You asked about how I knew how many visitors I had to my blog so I thought that I would write and let you know.

I have three methods of determining visitor numbers and all of them are free. There can be significant differences in the numbers that they produce and differences in what information you can derive from them. I think that the one that is most accurate, and the one that I use to determine how many visitors that there have been on a daily basis is Statcounter. If you click on the link it will take you to Statcounter and by following the simple instructions you can create your own free account and copy the script to your blog and have a visitor count of your own.

I hope that this information helps. You can email me if you have any problems.

Best wishes

MSG

2 comments:

Bippidee said...

Oh thanks for that. I wish I had done that from when I started my blog. It would have been interesting. Ah well, better late than never!

Karita said...

I love Statcounter. It nourishes my inner spy. ;-)