Tuesday 16 February 2010

A New Project

The weather today is horrible. The sky has been almost black most of the day, a bit like my mood. I did manage to go out this morning so that I could get some wool to make a teddy bear for a baby that is due in August, and to get some food.

I was fairly lucky because I managed to dodge most of the torrential rain that we have had; the buses seem to have arrived at just the right moment each time. I'm not usually that lucky.

Since I have been back home I have been working on the teddy bear. So far I have knitted one leg with its foot and the sole for the foot. I am now trying to decide whether to sew these two pieces together or to start knitting the little creatures other lower limb.

Strange as it may sound considering that I have been a knitter nearly all my life, I have never knitted any toys before. This little chap will be about 11 inches in height and will be dressed in a nightshirt, nightcap and slippers. He should look quite dapper when completed and for those of you who like to see what I have been making, I will take a photograph of him when he is finished.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cousin's neighbour used to knit the most amazing (but terrifying) clowns, do take a picture when he's finished!

Lily said...

Can't wait to see a picture of him when he's done! x