Thursday, 14 January 2010

Things May Be Starting To Get Better

Yesterday was pretty much a non-day for me. Having not got to sleep until the early hours of the morning I eventually ended up sleeping through the whole morning and part of the afternoon. I'm not too worried if I don't have any appointments when it happens because I obviously sleep because my body, and my mind, need it.

Having gone without breakfast I got myself some lunch and then picked up my knitting. I actually completed 11 rows before I put it done, which was pretty good considering how little I seem to be accomplishing at the moment. Later on I sat down with a crossword puzzle book and half-heartedly worked my way through some puzzles while also half watching television.

It was quite late when I went to bed, not surprising really considering how late it was when I got up, but it didn't take me very long to fall asleep. This morning I woke at about 8, eventually forcing myself up to get up about 10 and having got myself dressed I went round the corner to buy some bits and pieces. Once home again I made myself some brunch and having eaten that I picked up my knitting again.

I've managed to knit four rows so far today, and I am about to start a new pattern block which I will have to repeat twice. This pattern is the longest of the eight which make up this shawl comprising as it does 24 rows so it will be some time before I report that I have finished it and moved on to the next pattern.

The fact that I have managed to pick up my knitting and work on it for several hours is perhaps an indicator that I am starting to feel a little better. I still find it difficult to concentrate on anything for longer than a couple of hours but I am finding that I am able to do things that I haven't been able to do for several months.

So, this afternoon I will do a little more knitting, perhaps try to read for a while and undoubtedly try my hand at a puzzle or two. Now all I need is for it to warm up sufficiently for the snow to melt completely (much of it has already gone and the rain and warmer temperature are doing their bit to get rid of it) so that I can start going out for my walks again without fear of falling over, and also get some work done in the garden which should have been done in the autumn but which didn't get done because I was in hospital.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear you are feeling better.