Monday 18 May 2009

A New Friend

Some of you will be familiar with There and Back. She is a blogger with mental health problems whose blog was one of the first that I ever read, and we have become friends through blogging. We have met in person and we write to each other on a daily basis. For her birthday a few months ago I sent her a 'How to Crochet' book, a crochet hook and some wool, and she has become hooked on crochet very quickly.

She started with making a chain, then starting to build on the chain with double crochet, and then treble crochet. After a few days she had made a flower; then she started making squares (the perfect way to learn how to do new stitches); eventually she started making a penguin. She called him Penguin Pete.

There and Back thought that I needed something to cheer me up. She has sent me something to keep me company.

Meet Penguin Pete. My new friend. Thank you There and Back; he is just so cute and I promise that he will have a good home.

3 comments:

Achelois said...

I love the Penguin, I have just started knitting to help with pain distraction as have ehlers danlos. Amazing I think how simple crafts can help so many. Keep blogging - reading blogs keeps me going also and yours is so well written. A welcome distraction.

Anonymous said...

How cute is that!

Anonymous said...

Awr, Penguin Pete is cool :)