Saturday 28 February 2009

The Bottle Is Still Unopened!

I was really looking forward to having a couple of glasses of wine last night; I thought that I deserved it. But it didn't happen.

I had a lovely day doing exactly what I wanted without having to worry about deadlines or anything. I watched some television and did some knitting (I have started a new shawl and it is already starting to look quite good), and then I made the mistake of putting my feet up and before I knew what was happening I was asleep. It wasn't a catnap either because I slept for nearly four hours and it was approaching 10pm when I woke up.

First of all I needed to get myself something to eat, so I made a cheese sandwich and a cup of tea. It was far too late to open the bottle of wine, so it is still sitting there waiting, unopened, for the right moment. I watched television for a couple more hours before taking myself off to bed where I had little problem getting to sleep.

Today, I am having an attack of the 'lazies'. It is a day for doing nothing that requires too much effort and I am enjoying it. I have finished a scarf that I was knitting, and started another one which seems to be growing at a good rate and because the pattern is actually quite simple to follow could well be completed today. I have decided to spoil myself tonight and had a fish and chip supper and tonight I will open that bottle of wine. I am sure that the bottle of Australian Cabernet Sauvignon/Shiraz will go very well with plaice and chips and perhaps a chip buttie.

I really know how to spoil myself!

No comments: