Monday 8 December 2008

A Fairly Relaxed Weekend

In three weeks time, Christmas will be over bar the shouting.  I have spent the weekend trying not to think about it too much, but if I watched a television channel that had advertising almost every advert was aimed at Christmas.  

Saturday was a leisurely day, not least because I didn't sleep too well Friday night, so I was a little fragile.  I managed to finish knitting another jumper, that's four finished now and a cardigan, and I then finished sewing it together.  I'm glad that I decided to make a number of warm jumpers this winter as with it being so cold over recent days, jumpers have been an absolute necessity.

Sunday was pretty much a repeat of Saturday; a leisurely day, a little bit of knitting and a bit of television watching.  I fell asleep watching television and woke a couple of hours later and took myself off to bed.  I went to sleep pretty quickly, but then woke at about 2.30 this morning and I have been awake ever since.

This week is going to have to be spent working on a couple of essays as well as trying to sort out making Christmas cards.  I think that couple of dozen should fit the bill, and if I put my mind to it I can get them made in a morning or an afternoon.  That will be another thing ticked off the list of things to do, the only problem being that the list never seems to get any shorter because it seems that for every one thing that I tick off, I have to add another two or three.

While I am not exactly jumping for joy at the moment, neither am I feeling quite as low as I was last week.  I think that part of the reason for this is Friday's psychotherapy session.  It is so often the difficult emotional sessions that have the greatest impact on me, and last week was no exception.  I am already feeling a little apprehensive about next Friday's session because my psychotherapist has told me that he wants to pick up where last Friday's session finished.  I know that this means another very emotional session because the subject matter disturbs me greatly and is capable of making me very angry even after the passage of a couple of years, but I am sure that I will survive the experience and hopefully benefit from it.  Only time will tell.

Now it is time to publish this and get down to the real business of the day.  Course books, pad and pen at hand I will start to work on an essay about the Dalai Lama, to be followed by one comparing two poems.  I know which one I am going to prefer writing.

No comments: