Wednesday 13 August 2008

A Slow Blogging Day

Today has been a slow blogging day. I haven't really found anything worth writing about, and I have been out doing some research too, so my time has been a bit limited. Typical really, when I didn't have Internet access I could always find something to say, and now I'm back online the muse has vanished.

It's been a slow day for many of the bloggers that I read regularly too. So I sat here thinking about this phenomena and I came to the conclusion that it may be a new syndrome. SAD is now accepted as being something real, and the short days of winter are recognized as causing a mild form of depression in a considerable number of people. Maybe we are all suffering from LOS, something that is causing depression during August in the UK. What is LOS? Lack of sunshine, of course.

I have been fortunate enough to avoid being outside when two sudden very heavy showers, one this morning and the other this afternoon, occurred; in fact, on both occasions I got indoors about five minutes before the heavens opened. I remember being taught in geography lessons when I was at school that the predominent British climate was warm, wet with westerly winds. But I don't remember the summers ever being like this.

No comments: